We assist Latino students to strengthen their academic and life skills through a devotional time, homework time, and immerse them in activities to enhance their English literacy. We also work closely with the families to ensure that they are receiving the resources they need to be successful and productive residents in their community by offering language services, resources, and legal aid.
Briar Vista Elementary School
1131 Briar Vista Terrace NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Days & Times
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30pm-5:00pm
Volunteers should check in at the Fellowship Hall room inside the Milligan Hall building
How you can get involved
There are several ways to get involved: Volunteer to help with the program by volunteering to work with the students on Tuesday and/or Thursday afternoons. Members can also donate directly to the program.
No Spanish or tutoring experience necessary.
- Become a Grade Level Lead- Lead volunteers ensure proper classroom preparation and oversee additional grade level volunteers
- Classroom Volunteer-Classroom volunteers select the grade level desired to provide tutoring and additional academic skill development
- Classroom Support-Classroom support volunteers provide academic teaching in a particular subject such as math, science, reading and language arts.
- Volunteer Greeters-Volunteer greeters ensure volunteers are welcomed at the start of program and thanked at the end.
- Other- There are many other ways to get involved. E-mail us at info@laamistadincorg to find out how.
- Books: elementary, middle, and high school reading levels
- School Supplies
- This may include, but is not limited to, items such as: backpacks, binders, composition notebooks, crayons, glue, markers, paper, pens, and pencils.
- Games: chess, board games, puzzles, educational games
- Sponsorship for field trips and summer camp
- Tickets to movies, sporting events, concerts, and shows
- Gift cards: Publix, Target, Kroger, Walmart, etc.