We assist Latino students to strengthen their academic and life skills through a devotional time, homework time, and immerse them in activities to enhance their English literacy. We also work closely with the families to ensure that they are receiving the resources they need to be successful and productive residents in their community by offering language services, resources, and legal aid.
Days & Times
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30pm-5:00pm
Grades 1 – 5
Westminster Presbyterian-Rooms TBD
How you can get involved
There are several ways to get involved:
Volunteer to help with the program by volunteering to work with the students on Tuesday and/or Thursday afternoons. Members can also donate directly to the program. No Spanish or tutoring experience necessary.
- School supplies (crayons, markers, scissors, paper, pencils, pens, glue, paper)
- Computers with Printers, Pentium 4 or better, laptops preferred
- Games (chess boards, puzzles, educational games, etc.)
About Westminster Presbyterian Church
Westminster Presbyterian Church exists for God's glory, to worship Him and to equip His people to reach Atlanta and the world for Christ. We seek to transform lives and culture by the power of the Gospel through:
- Worshipping in a biblical manner that is rooted in our rich tradition, reverent and joyful.
- Praying for the life-changing work of God in us and through us.
- Connecting with each other through intentional relationships.
- Equipping God's People through personal application of the preaching and teaching of the Bible as the inerrant and infallible Word of God.
- Serving the Body and city through deeds of love and mercy.
- Reaching the people of LaVista Park, Atlanta, and the world.